PIX501 & PC-Anywhere

I'm trying to set up my PIX to allow people to pc-anywhere in to a specific PC.

Here's what I believe to be the relevant parts from my running config:

access-list outside_access_in permit tcp any host xx.xxx.xxx.xx eq pcanywhere-data access-list outside_access_in permit udp any host xx.xxx.xxx.xx eq pcanywhere-status static (outside,inside) 192.168.1.99 xx.xxx.xxx.xx netmask

255.255.255.255 0 0 static (inside,outside) xx.xxx.xxx.xx 192.168.1.99 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

Where xx.xxx.xxx.xxx is one of our static IP's and 192.168.1.99 is the static inside IP for the PC I want to PC-Anywhere into.

Any idea why this isn't working? Thanks in advance!

Brett

Reply to
myotherbox
Loading thread data ...

You only need one static command. You only want to mask the inside IP with an outside IP so you only need the static (inside,outside) command.

--Get rid of;

no static (outside,inside) 192.168.1.99 xx.xxx.xxx.xx netmask

255.255.255.255 0 0

--make sure your access-list is applied on the outside interface

access-group outside_access_in in interface outside

Reply to
mcaissie

Thanks for your reply.

When I try to get rid of that command, I get the message:

"PDM has found that this operation will result in some security rules getting nullified. Please review your translation/security rules, before retrying this operation."

Any ideas? Thanks!

Brett

Reply to
myotherbox

I only work with CLI so i don't know why the PDM doesn't like it.

But if you have an access-group referencing to the x.x.x.x address, maybe it't the PDM concern.

You may try to remove the access-group, before removing the static , then reapplying it

Reply to
mcaissie

Thanks again for your reply.

I can access the pix with the CLI. I'm telneted in right now. Problem is I don't know how to make the suggested change form the CLI. Any help you or anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Brett

Reply to
myotherbox

PIX>

PIX>en PIX:>password PIX# PIX#config t PIX(config t)#no static (outside,inside) 192.168.1.99 xx.xxx.xxx.xx netmask

255.255.255.255 0 0 PIX(config t)#access-group outside_access_in in interface outside PIX(config t)#exit PIX#
Reply to
NETADMIN

Thank you to everyone who replied. We're up and running now.

Thanks!

Brett

Reply to
myotherbox

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.