Router ID stored on PC anywhere?

Not sure, but isn't the default username:'admin' and the default password:'password'? (the Linksys site will tell you in the support section). If you changed the default settings though, I'm pretty sure they aren't stored anywhere...

al

Reply to
Alan
Loading thread data ...

On the linksys routers, there is no default username (ie: leave it

blank), and the default password is 'admin'...

Hope this helps :)

Reply to
Indy

I wanted to change the NAT settings on my Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router to allow the hosting of internet gaming. I set up my router a LONG time ago, and was ignorant enough about networking to have not written down my user name and password. Is this information stored ANYWHERE on my PC? I'd have to move my whole PC to reconfigure my router because I only have cable modem access in one room.

Thanks

Reply to
Robin

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:15:04 GMT, Bob Willard spoketh

No. You also need to hold in the reset button. Simply cutting power will not reset the settings...

Lars M. Hansen

formatting link
'badnews' with 'news' in e-mail address)

Reply to
Lars M. Hansen

If you power down the BEFW11S4, wait 30 secs, then power it back up, it should revert to the default settings. Amongst other params, the username is "" (blank) and the password is "admin".

The bad news is that a hard reset (above) may disable wireless; that's why users are advised to have one wired connection from a PC that can manage the router. If you are lucky, wireless may not be totally disabled, but the SSID will revert to default and WEP will be turned off.

Reply to
Bob Willard

it back

other

"admin".

cutting power will

Thanks for the info everyone.

Reply to
Robin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.