Multiple pvc's on Cisco 878

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the configuration of a Cisco 878. What i'm trying to do is configure 2 PVC's.

One is a PPPoA connection, and the other a RFC 1483 connection, in full bridge. The thing that i can't get to work is using the 2 connections similtaniously.

I'm using the following config:

! version 12.4 no service pad service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime service password-encryption ! hostname ! boot-start-marker boot-end-marker ! enable secret bonbon ! no aaa new-model ! resource policy ! clock timezone GMT 1 ip cef ! ! ! ! no ip domain lookup ! ! ! username password ! ! controller DSL 0 mode atm line-term cpe line-mode 2-wire line-zero dsl-mode shdsl symmetric annex B line-rate auto ! ! ! ! ! interface BRI0 no ip address encapsulation hdlc shutdown ! interface ATM0 no ip address no atm ilmi-keepalive pvc internet 0/36 encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer dialer pool-member 1 ! pvc 0 0/37 encapsulation aal5snap ! bridge-group 1 ! interface FastEthernet0 switchport access vlan 250 ! interface FastEthernet1 switchport access vlan 250 ! interface FastEthernet2 switchport access vlan 250 ! interface FastEthernet3 ! interface Vlan1 no ip address bridge-group 1 hold-queue 100 out ! interface Vlan250 ip address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0 ip nat inside ip virtual-reassembly no autostate ! interface Dialer0 mtu 1492 ip address negotiated ip nat outside ip virtual-reassembly encapsulation ppp dialer pool 1 dialer-group 1 no peer default ip address ppp authentication pap callin ppp pap sent-username password ! ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer0 ! ! no ip http server no ip http secure-server ip nat inside source list 101 interface Dialer0 overload ! access-list 101 permit ip 192.168.2.0 0.0.0.255 any dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit ! ! ! ! control-plane ! bridge 1 protocol ieee ! line con 0 login local no modem enable transport output telnet line aux 0 login local transport output telnet line vty 0 4 privilege level 15 login local transport input telnet ssh ! scheduler max-task-time 5000 ntp clock-period 17177560 ntp server 212.45.32.36 end

----------------------------------------------------

There are 2 VLAN's. VLAN 1 i'm using for the RFC 1483 connection, and VLAN 250 for the PPPoA connection. With this config, the PPPoA connection works. When i go into global configuration mode, and enter the command 'no ip routing', the RFC

1483 connection works. The gateway of last resort disappears, and the routing table is shut down. After this, when i enter 'ip routing' in Global config mode, and 'ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer0', the PPPoA connection works.

Does anyone have a solution that fixes my problem?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Jan Kost

Reply to
j.kost
Loading thread data ...

If I recall correctly - and it has been a while - the router will NOT bridge IP packets when routing is enabled???

Unless you configure CRB/IRB?

Here is a successful config with rfc1483 that has an IP address on the router. This mayy not be what you want but maybe will point in some useful direction.

ip cef

! bridge irb ! ### ! interface FastEthernet0/0 description $ETH-LAN$$ETH-SW-LAUNCH$$INTF-INFO-FE 0$ ip address 10.1.2.1 255.255.255.0

! interface ATM0/1/0 no ip address no atm ilmi-keepalive dsl operating-mode auto bridge-group 1 pvc 0/35 encapsulation aal5snap ! ! interface BVI1 bandwidth 8000 ip address 6.23.17.15 255.255.255.0 ip nat outside ip virtual-reassembly load-interval 30 crypto map pipe ! ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 6.23.17.1 ! bridge 1 protocol ieee ! ### bridge 1 route ip ! ### !

Reply to
Bod43

Thank you. I have a working config with RFC 1483, so that's not the problem. It's true that the cisco will not bridge IP packets with routing enabled. When i disable it, it works fine. The problem is the combination of both.

Thanks.

Reply to
j.kost

The config fragment that I sent IS bridging over the ATM and routing to the inside.

It is doing IRB.

=46rom memory - very flaky - I suspect that you may need CRB. I think that this is routing IP on some interfaces and bridging on others.

Read about CRB and IRB.

I forget it all now.

Did you notice the "! ###" s in my previous post?

Reply to
Bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.