How to load new ISO version in BOSON Router simulator

Hi all i just want to know how can i load a new version of IOS in BOSON router simulator because i can't implement some missing commands in the current version of IOS

i'm using router 2610 and trying to isseu this command in interface fastethernet 0/0 isis priority 100 but the router doesn't recongnize what the command is, so i figured out that command is missing and other commands are missing so i have to change or to chose another IOS in BOSON router simulator because i'm preparing for BSCI exam

i just need to know how?

thanks in advance

Reply to
Casper2004
Loading thread data ...

Hi all i just want to know how can i load a new version of IOS in BOSON router simulator because i can't implement some missing commands in the current version of IOS

i'm using router 2610 and trying to isseu this command in interface fastethernet 0/0 isis priority 100 but the router doesn't recongnize what the command is, so i figured out that command is missing and other commands are missing so i have to change or to chose another IOS in BOSON router simulator because i'm preparing for BSCI exam

i just need to know how?

thanks in advance

Reply to
Casper2004

i think thats is not posible.. first time i use boson and leavet after 7 days becose he is more for ccna nothing else..

Reply to
aniss

Reply to
X-Eliminator

I think you cant . As its preloaded software not and it cant connect to any real TFTp server or anything from whr you can download the IOS to router/switch

Reply to
CK

As already noted, Dynamips/Dynagen is free and runs real IOS.

3600/7200 (and others?) simulator that runs on a PC or cluster of PCs and can support several routers per PC.

Search for dynamips and bod43 on this newsgroup or of course google becons.

Reply to
Bod43

First off, a 2610 wouldn't have a FastEthernet interface, just Ethernet0/0..

Second, BOSON doesn't run IOS. It runs a program that looks kinda like IOS, close enough to train you on the set things that they set out to train you on. Something they didn't bother to implement won't be there. There's probably thousands of things in IOS that aren't in BOSON, although it seems to go on and on, it does have its limits.

Other responses have other items you could try.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Ok...Can you please guide me thro how to use that other simulator,,,because i need the full functionality to be available...if there a link explain and how can i use that simulator..and do i need to buy real devices?

Reply to
Casper2004

Sure. Thing is I don't have a production quality guide to hand.

If you can make no progress on your own from the information already provided then it is going to be a long hard road.

First thing is to google to find out what is the smallest router supported (since that will use less PC resources) and to make sure that you can get the IOS image. If you don't have a Cisco support contract then you will not be able to get an image.

Then post back when you get stuck.

Reply to
Bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.