Disabling IPX on Cisco 2600 Router

We have a problem with IPX broadcasts on our network. At one time, our company used Netware Servers, and because we had two offices connected via a private line T1, the consultant that setup the routers enabled IPX. We have since move away from Netware and now use Windows exclusively. I was told that I needed to disable IPX on both routers to reduce IPX broadcasts on our network. I'm not that familiar with the IOS software and commands, and I looking for some help on turning IPX off. I've listed the current running config of one of the two routers (Cisco 2600 is the config. We also have a Cisco 1600). I know that I have to issue a "no ipx routing" command, but I'm wondering if I have to remove the other IPX instances Ethernet0/0.1 and Ethernet0/0.2, and well as on the Serial0/0 interface. There is also an "ipx router eigrp 1" line that I assume needs to be deleted as well. One other thing, being that this is going to be done on one router at a time, will disabling IPX on the first router have any effect on the other one that still has it enabled? The other location is 50 miles away, and I would have to travel there to remove IPX from the other Router. Thanks.

! version 11.3 service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime service password-encryption ! hostname local_host_LAN_router ! enable secret 5 ********************** enable password 7 ****************** ! no ip domain-lookup ipx routing 0050.5476.3160 ! ! ! interface Ethernet0/0 description Local LAN Segment ip address 10.2.1.1 255.255.255.0 ! interface Ethernet0/0.1 ipx encapsulation SAP ipx network 3 ! interface Ethernet0/0.2 ipx network 2 ! interface Serial0/0 description T1 to Remote Location ip address 10.1.2.1 255.255.255.0 ipx network A010201 no fair-queue ! interface Ethernet0/1 no ip address ! router eigrp 1 redistribute rip network 10.0.0.0 ! router rip redistribute eigrp 1 network 10.0.0.0 ! no ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.2.1.5 ! ! ! ipx router eigrp 1 network all ! ! ! ! line con 0 line aux 0 line vty 0 password 7 *************** login line vty 1 4 login ! end

Reply to
displays
Loading thread data ...

Okay. I figured it out. I just ran "no ipx routing" and all was okay with the world. Thanks.

Reply to
displays

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.