How to filter mirrored traffic?

Dear all,

I=B4m looking for a way where I can filter the mirrored traffic before it gets to the voip recording.

I=B4m working on lab on the following scenario:

Corp Network PBX Switch -----> Mirror port to -----> Voip Logger Switch

In this case, the hole PBX traffic will be sent to the voip switch, and then, I=B4ll be able to filter it and send just those subnets I need to each logger I want.

I tried o configure route-map on the entrance interface on voip switch, however, if the traffic is not supposed to be sent to that switch (L3), it won=B4t check it all. I tried that vlan access-map (hopping that it would work) but unfortunately I got no matches on the ACL.

I found on documents that VACL works perfect for me, but it=B4s not available on 35xx and 37xx, and it=B4s out of question use a 65xx for this.

Do you guys have any ideas about what can be done? Have you ever seen some filter for nice voip logger....how did they filter it on cisco?

We can do that on Extreme Networks, and it works perfect, I=B4m just trying to have a 2nd option in case that another vendor is not an option.

Regards,

Leandro

Reply to
le_brito
Loading thread data ...

What is a VoIP logger? Are you trying to capture the call setup messages to/from the Call Manager or are you trying to capture the voice traffic for a call-recorder?

I´m looking for a way where I can filter the mirrored traffic before it gets to the voip recording.

I´m working on lab on the following scenario:

Corp Network PBX Switch -----> Mirror port to -----> Voip Logger Switch

In this case, the hole PBX traffic will be sent to the voip switch, and then, I´ll be able to filter it and send just those subnets I need to each logger I want.

I tried o configure route-map on the entrance interface on voip switch, however, if the traffic is not supposed to be sent to that switch (L3), it won´t check it all. I tried that vlan access-map (hopping that it would work) but unfortunately I got no matches on the ACL.

I found on documents that VACL works perfect for me, but it´s not available on 35xx and 37xx, and it´s out of question use a 65xx for this.

Do you guys have any ideas about what can be done? Have you ever seen some filter for nice voip logger....how did they filter it on cisco?

We can do that on Extreme Networks, and it works perfect, I´m just trying to have a 2nd option in case that another vendor is not an option.

Regards,

Leandro

Reply to
Thrill5

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.