How to disable Local Routing

I am trying to set up a test environment where two IP segments attached to the same router (running IOS 12.0(7)) will not forward traffic between them directly. I want the IP traffic from Segment A to be routed out a third interface (a WAN interface) and then get routed back to Segment B after crossing my WAN cloud.

To do this, I somehow need to disable local routing between the two directly attached segments. Any ideas how I do this?

Once I get this far (assuming I can) the WAN network will be a further issue but the first step is to bypass the local routing.

Any ideas welcome. I can't see the forest for the trees maybe.

Thanks, P

Reply to
Place_lio
Loading thread data ...

Policy routing.

1. Create an access-list - source (segment a) to destination (wan)
  2. Create a route-map using the above access-list and set next hop to wan interface.

I think that should work. Might have some other steps involved, but maybe someone else can add them in.

Reply to
aunraza

As far as I know, that's the only way to over come the "connected" administrative distance of 0.

Steve

formatting link

Reply to
cisco-forum.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.