reconfiguring a 7513 to allow filtering

Okay, so here is my situation... I have a Cisco 7513 setup to do BGP routing between two WAN links (one commodity internet and one I2). I need to be able to filter this traffic (to remove some P2P apps, prioritize traffic, etc.). I have an application that iwll do this well. However, I need to apply different rules to each WAN link. So, what I am thinking is that if I can make the 7513 do this (see diagram) that I should be all set.

Existing setup:

-> Commodity WAN link / All traffic ---> 7513 Routing < \\ -> I2 WAN link

Desired setup: -> Commodity -> packet filter -> WAN link / All traffic ---> 7513 Routing < \\ -> I2 traffic -> packet filter -> WAN link

However, here is the catch, the WAN links are both done via BNC (and then fiber) and they don't run ethernet (one is Serial and the other is ATM). The serial and ATM line cards are both housed in the 7513 chasis, so the 7513 routing has to feed out to ethernet and then the packet filters need to feed back into ethernet, be converted to their respective WAN protocol and then sent out over the WAN links.

Any suggestions? What tree should I be barking up? Failing that, which forest should I be looking for a tree in?

Thanks all!

Reply to
fiskeja
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.