traffic routing between serial and dsl interface

Hi there I have a big problem that is on my mind a long time now The scenario is as simplest as I can 123 be.

1760 with a serial, a DSL and an Ethernet interface Ethernet on LAN Serial 2Mbit on x provider with a c class for addresses DSL with static ip Internal machines run services on several ports and they have IP addresses of the serial 2Mbit provider. What I want to do is: Route gamming traffic and services on Serial Interface And everything else (including P2P programs) NATed and on DSL interface.

No my thoughts: In order to have services on local machines working and accessible from the outside world I think I must 'ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Serial0/0'.

The classification of the traffic must be based on gamming traffic and services. Witch I have a working list of all games ports and is working great on another location. Trying to specify everything else except gamming is madness.

So how can I route everything except gamming traffic to the DSL interface and allow gaming traffic from the 'default' Serial interface?

Notice that I am pretty familiar with Policy Based Routing and all those stuff, but this kind of scenario drives me crazy.

Maybe an access-list that allow all traffic and deny gaming and services, and use this access-list to a route-map and 'set interface Dialer1' and then attach this route-map to Ethernet interface. So everything that permitted by access-list will be routed to Dialer1 ... NATed and out on the internet. And everything that is denied by the access-list will be routed on the default route through Serial interface. And requests coming from the outside world on the serial interface will be go to local machines directly and services will operate nicely.

Do you think this scenario will work? Is it worth trying it? Anyone has any other better idea?

Thanks in Advance Nikos

Reply to
paranic
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.