configure modem help

I have a US Robotics FaxModem working in windows but fails to connect to Cisco2621. I set aux 0 with all parameter I could find but the route does not recognize it.

Shoud usr_sportster be the right one to choose on router? Is there any other way I can look at it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ste

Reply to
Ste
Loading thread data ...

Not clear for what application you intend to use this modem - dialout? Dialin? Both? Character mode? PPP? Both?

Here's some links that may be useful to you:

Configuring [PPP] Dialout using a Modem on the AUX Port

formatting link
Configuring PPP Dialin with External Modems
formatting link
Modem-Router Connection Guide
formatting link
As far as using the Sportster - historically it's been one of the best consumer-grade external analog modems around, but it seems that recently I've seen fairly frequent cases where, in dialin applications, it tends to forget what DTE speed it wants to use, rendering it marginally useful for that case. (If you only need it for low speed dialin, I've found that it works to lock its DCE rate to 9600 bps then configure its DTE speed to follow DCE speed.)

Good luck,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

I need dial-in, but no matter what I do, the router does shake hand with modem.

I am at dead end.

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

Reply to
Ste

Can you reverse telnet to the Sportster and get an OK response to your AT?

If you dial your answer line, does it ring?

If you configure both originate and answer modems for, say, V.32, do they train?

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.