FXO Problem?

Is it suppose to be outside line? How to configure FXO? I try config FXS side with extension 20, 21. It seems to be working I can call between phones that connect to FXS ports. However, I still having a hard time setting up FXO port.

What we try to accomplish is this

1. normally we dial 9 to access outside line, but we want to dial 8 or something to access to another router (remote-branch). Are we right about buying 1 fxo-4 Port for adminsite and 1 fxs-4 Port for remote site?
  2. now we manage to call from remote site to admin. the line is just a regular exising line from pbx which have extension 12
  3. we can't call to 20,21 from Admin Site (because admin site's pbx has

to such extension) but can call between 20 21 or 20,21 to

12,13,14,15 at Admin Site. We can also dial 99 to get out from admin site.

here is the sample of admin site's config

! voice-port 0/0/0 signal ground start cptone US ! dial-peer voice 1 pots destination pattern .. port 0/0/0 ! dial-peer voice 5 voip destination pattern .. session target ipv4:10.0.10.2 ip qos dscp cs5 media !

here is the sample remote site's config

! voice-port 0/0/0 cptone US dial-peer voice 1 pots destination pattern 20 port 0/0/0 ! ! dial-peer voice 8 voip destination pattern .. session target ipv4:10.0.10.1 ip qos dscp cs5 media ! are we right that using this command? -> ip qos dscp cs5 media

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.