Call Manager Express - Outgoing calls delayed

I've just installed a new CME system using 8 FXO ports to connect to the PSTN. Everything works great except for one minor problem when dialing out - all outgoing calls have a 7-12 second delay before connecting. For example, I pick up a phone, dial 9 to get out, then

987-6543, then silence for 7-12 seconds. The call eventually rings and connects, but the delay is confusing to users. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Dave.

dial-peer voice 1 pots destination-pattern 9T port 0/1/1 prefix 9, ! dial-peer voice 2 pots preference 1 destination-pattern 9T port 0/1/0 prefix 9, ! dial-peer voice 3 pots preference 2 destination-pattern 9T port 0/0/3 prefix 9, ! dial-peer voice 4 pots preference 3 destination-pattern 9T port 0/0/2 prefix 9, ! dial-peer voice 20 voip destination-pattern 2... session protocol sipv2 session target ipv4:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx dtmf-relay sip-notify codec g711ulaw no vad ! ! ! telephony-service load 7960-7940 P00307020200 max-ephones 72 max-dn 72 ip source-address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 2000 system message CME create cnf-files version-stamp 7960 Oct 16 2007 15:29:37 voicemail 2000 max-conferences 8 gain -6 dn-webedit time-webedit transfer-system full-consult secondary-dialtone 9

Reply to
dave
Loading thread data ...

Your patterns are very generic and 9T gives no indication of when enough digits have been received. You need to either put in specific patterns, so that cme knows when you've finished dialing, or you can just press # after dialing.

You can also reduce your inter digit timeout so that you don't have to wait quite so long.

Reply to
Scooby

Dave,

The system just waits for more digits. Use more specific pattern (for example, define that you have 7-digits or 10-digits pattern), or decrease interdigit timeout ("timeout interdigit seconds").

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.