Ending reverse telnet

Hi,

I have just got my 2511 to reverse telnet to my 3620. Things are great, but I cant for the life of me work out how to drop the session (or suspend) and resume with the 2511.

I have tried the ctrl-shift-6-x thingy but that does nothing. Im using Hyper terminal.

Any ideas ?

Many thanks

Reply to
boxers999
Loading thread data ...

Are you trying crtl-shift-6-x or ctrl-shift-6 then x?

Reply to
KDawg44

Hi, Well from the console port on the 2511, ctrl-shift-6 then x doesnt work when I reverse telnet. But If I telnet (Rather than console) to the 2511 and then reverse telnet to another device ctrl-shift-6 then x works.

It was my first time doing the reverse telnet method, I assumed that if it didnt work through the console port, it would be the same in all other ways, but this isnt the case.

At lease its working (all be it not through the console port) and I can access my remote lab perfectly :)

Cheers

Reply to
boxers999

I've never done exactly what you're doing but in other contexts - telnet to one device and then telnet from that to another - you can make the "right" thing happen by doing ctrl-shift-6 ctrl-shift-6 x. The first ctrl-shift-6 quotes the second so that it can be send to the second device which then traps the x and interrupts.

Sam

Reply to
Sam Wilson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.