USB to DB9 Ctrl-Break ?

Good day All. Has anyone had an issue with the Ctrl-Break with the new USB Db9 ....since LAptop companies seenm to think that this is obsolete ....How can we circumvent this, ....I am looking for some anwers on how to do a Ctrl-Break on Cisco boxes and others ...with USB-DB9 conversion . Thanks all in adavdnce

Reply to
baffmint
Loading thread data ...

I have used a few USB->COM converter from different brands and they all work as you were using a normal COM port. i.e. you press "Ctrl+Shift+6, x".

hktco

baffm> Good day All.

....How

Reply to
dwhkt

Which laptops and OS?

The only issue I've run into, is that the Mac OSX driver for the PT2303 chip (used many places for those $30 USB->Serial IOGear convertors) doesn't support sending break. You need a keyspan device to properly do break on a Mac OSX laptop.

Otherwise, the windows driver for that chip works for break (although the windows driver has other issues) as well as the keyspan driver on windows.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Good day Thanks for the post The suspend a Telnet session, enter the escape sequence Ctrl,Shift,6 X option is not what I am seeking. I am seeking an actual ctrl-Break to enter #rommon mode ....... Thanks again

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
baffmint

If you're using hyperTerminal, make sure it is configured to send "CTRL" characters and not use them for Windows. This unfortunately will prevent you from doing CTRL-X,C,V for cut & paste, but I've never had any problems with sending CTRL-BREAK through a USB-DB9 adaptor.

Reply to
Francois Labreque

Same. It works by pressing "Ctrl+Brea". Not sure which Terminal program you are using, but you can try TeraTerm Pro and there is an option to "Send Break" in the menu.

formatting link
hktco

baffm> Good day

"Ctrl+Shift+6,

Reply to
dwhkt

Are you sure you are using the right break key combinations. Here is a helpful link I think

formatting link

Reply to
Helmut Ulrich

I have an USB-DB9 converter for my HP laptop, for both hyperterminal and CRT it's business as usual...

Cas..

Reply to
Cas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.