EIGRP, Running over DS3 and VPN Tunnel, Need Help!

Need some information here. I will be having a DS3 and a VTI Tunnel running between two 3845 routers. The DS3 is Point to Point, and the VTI Tunnel is running over a 2 Megabyte Internet Link. Both will be seen as EIGRP neighbors. I want all traffic to default over the DS3 and then converge to the VTI Tunnel if the DS3 fails. Will EIGRP be able to calculate that the DS3 has more bandwidth than the VTI Tunnel, or are there any commands I need to add (variance or something to that nature) in order to have EIGRP advertise both routes but see the VTI Tunnel as less desireable than the DS3.

Thanks for your help in advance.

-Evo-

Reply to
Evolution
Loading thread data ...

Interface delay is the magic knob to turn ...

EIGRP uses and composite metric calculated from bandwidth and delay

interface x delay

the value configured will show up under the DLY field in the output of show interface

Reply to
Merv

The other option you could use is create a floating static for the VPN tunnel that has an AD higher then 90 or 170 (depending on if they are external EIGRP routes).

Greg

Evoluti> Need some information here. I will be having a DS3 and a VTI Tunnel

Reply to
gcave

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.