both Easy VPN Server and a Site-to-Site tunnel on the same interface?

Greetings,

We have a Cisco 3845. We are using it to route to internet (T3 Sprint)and I also configured EASY VPN Server. Now we want to build a Site-to-site VPN to an client site.

I am trying to make both Easy VPN Server and Site-to-site tunnel to work on the same serial interface. I can bring both VPN up, with some twist. I wonder if there is a better way to do this. The issue is with the ipsec policy and crypto maps.

The Easy VPN defines crypto map as crypto map SDM_CMAP_1 client authentication list ab_login crypto map SDM_CMAP_1 isakmp authorization list sdm_vpn_group_ml_1 crypto map SDM_CMAP_1 client configuration address respond crypto map SDM_CMAP_1 65535 ipsec-isakmp dynamic SDM_DYNMAP_1

And the Site-to-Site VPN needs crypto map as crypto map SDM_CMAP_2 2 ipsec-isakmp set transform-set SDM_TRANSFORMSET_1 set peer match address SDM_1

Each interface only takes one crypto map command. So I can start either VPN by switching to different ipsec policy/crypto map, but not both at the same time. However, I can start the Site-to-Site VPN first and then attach Easy VPN Server's policy to it. crypto map SDM_CMAP_2 65535 ipsec-isakmp dynamic SDM_DYNMAP_1 crypto map SDM_CMAP_2 client authentication list ab_login crypto map SDM_CMAP_2 isakmp authorization list sdm_vpn_group_ml_1 crypto map SDM_CMAP_2 client configuration address respond

Both will be functioning. But if the Site-to-Site tunnel for some reason is down, I could not restart it as it is. It will complain that the configuration is different from the peer's or something like it. I would have to delete the crypto map, recreate the crypto map, start the Site-to-Site, and then attache the EasyVPN stuff.

The questions are: 1. Is there a cleaner way of doing this (both Easy VPN Server and a Site-to-Site tunnel on the same interface)? 2. So far I have to start the site-to-site tunnel by clicking "Test Tunnel" on the SDM interface. Is there better to start the tunnel? 3. Can we use another interface rather than the one faces the internet? 4. We notice that site-to-site tunnel is down every 24 hours, probably due to a time out. Is there anyway to set up so "no time out"?

Thanks!

Kang Sun sun snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
ksun6868
Loading thread data ...

This may simply be a limitation of SDM - you might want to investigate implementing it via the command line instead (I can assure you it works fine there).

Reply to
Andrew J Cosgriff

dm_vpn_group_ml_1

I think I posted a full working config in the thread:- "Cisco 1760 router and VPN client Connection Issues Options"

Reply to
Bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.