"ip route ... track ..." with Tunnel up/down status?

We have a branch router connected to the head office via two VPN tunnels. One is via ADSL and the other via SDSL.

There are two DMVPN tunnels over IPsec. Eigrp is running for the routing. The ADSL has been configured with a higher bandwidth than the SDSL, so the automatic route favours the ADSL based tunnel, but when it fails the tunnel over SDSL is used.

For VOIP traffic, a few static routes are installed that route the VOIP traffic over the SDSL based tunnel. This is possible because the VOIP traffic is in a separate subnet.

This works fine except for one situation: when the SDSL is down, there is no VOIP traffic possible because of the static routes.

I would like to add "... track ..." to the static routes and make them disappear when the SDSL is down, so it falls back to the ADSL.

Is it possible to setup tracking so that it directly tracks the up/down state of the tunnel interfaces? Or is it always required to setup a pinging mechanism like I see in the examples? The pinging requires tricks with local policy etc because if the SDSL is down the remote end of the tunnel can be pinged via ADSL (the eigrp switches over that route to the ADSL). Directly tracking the up/down state of the tunnel would be easier, I suppose?

Reply to
Rob
Loading thread data ...

Sort of like:

Tracking the Line-Protocol State of an Interface

formatting link

Reply to
Martin Gallagher

formatting link
Thanks!

Reply to
Rob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.