Propagating 0.0.0.0 routes from EIGRP into IGRP

I am working on a lab for my cisco class and I have an EIGRP network and an IGRP network, they both have the same AS number. I need to propagate a 0.0.0.0 route from the EIGRP network into the IGRP network. I can't think of any way to do this, any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
jdillman
Loading thread data ...

Did you try the "ip default-network" command ?

Reply to
Merv

Yes, we tried to use ip default-network but that didn't work. We still were unable to propagate a Gateway of Last resort into the IGRP network.

Reply to
jdillman

Actually to get the desired result, you will need to redistribute default into EIGRP first.

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

router eigrp 1 redistribute static exit

Reply to
Merv

We have the "redistribute static" in our eigrp config. Other routers in the eigrp AS have the default route, we just can't get it to propagate the default route into IGRP.

Reply to
jdillman

Some router in that network must be running both EIGRP and IGRP. On that router, you will need to redistribute the OSPF routers into IGRP routes.

router igrp 100 network w.y.y.z redistribute ospf 100

EIGRP has a better admin distance than IGRP, so you might want to take the extra step of either adding in a distribute-list so only the default route is sent via igrp, or tune the distances with the distance command.

Reply to
Mark Williams

We do have a router that is running both EIGRP and IGRP and they are in the same AS. The normal routes are seen across the network, only the default route is not distributed to the IGRP network. All interfaces in the EIGRP network can be pinged from the IGRP network, except for the default routes destination. Yet, the EIGRP network can ping the default route destination. FYI, the destination is pointing to a simulated ISP, thus it doesn't have a routing protocol.

Reply to
jdillman

We figured out what the problem was. We were using "ip default-network" incorrectly, we had the wrong network plugged in. Also our static route that was allowing the "ISP" to reply was not set to include the networks that we were testing from. Thankyou everyone for all of your help.

Reply to
jdillman

Is the router where the ip default-network command different from the router where you are running both the EIGRP and IGRP routing process ?

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.