DS3 routers

Hi all

I am searching for a low-end router (Cisco or 3rd-party) that has DS3/ T3 interface and can push full bandwidth. QoS is a big plus. You recommendation is highly appreciated! Thank you.

AJ

Reply to
FortuneCookie
Loading thread data ...

3845's are good mid-range routers for this type of purpose. Not sure if smaller options will suffice....this for internet?
Reply to
Trendkill

You don't say what kind of DS3 (which matters), assuming you are doing a clear-channel DS3, and want full bandwidth, Cisco says the 3825 or 3845 is the smallest you can get for full bandwidth with the NM-1T3/E3 card. Maybe a 2821 with the same card will get you where you need, but cisco claims only subrate DS3 with that router, even if the specs say it should be able to push the traffic.

Picking up a used 7200 with the appropriate card from a cisco reseller would get you something that can do alot more though for less bucks. Cisco 7200's are all over the place, and can be very cheap.

Its not a big market. Your primary other choice new would be a Juniper J4350 with the DS3 PIM. Pretty comparable in price to cisco 3800 solution.

Both Cisco and Juniper would do just fine for driving it, as long as you get enough processor to handle it. Plenty of QoS options. These are the low-end solutions from either of them. (ie. starting in the $12k-$13k range).

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Yes, it's for Internet access...

Reply to
FortuneCookie

Thanks. I saw a Tasman 4100 Router with T3 Single Port DS3 on eBay. Wonder if that will work for a clear T3. Any idea?

Reply to
FortuneCookie

For the same price that auction has, you could buy a Cisco 7206 NPE-200 and a PA-T3 on eBay.

I know that would work..

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.