quick config for 2610 t-1 router to netgear firewall?

Trying to figure out the right config to route all data coming from my T-1 (built in CSU in 2610) out the ethernet port into the netgear firewall router's 'Internet' port, and vice versa. I'm going to be doing multi NAT (most machines on one IP, some others have their own) on the Netgear, and just need the Cisco to simply push all traffic from Internet to / from the Netgear. Easy, right? Trying to figure out the right IP scheme / router config. Any ideas?

Reply to
brandon.vogel
Loading thread data ...

The cisco routes by default, which means you would either have to have real IPs on the LAN side beyond the WAN side (ie. your service provider routes you down another /30 for the cisco and netgear to talk), or you can NAT everything behind the cisco, and then NAT again on the Netgear, or you can bridge the data from interface to interface on the Cisco. (ie. with IRB).

(kind of an odd link, but still works

formatting link

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Bridging sounds like what I would want to do, I just can't picture out the IP config mentally. I currently have the Cisco router set up with the firewall IOS, and am xfering the firewalling and NATting to the netgear. At this point, it might be easier to just skip the Netgear and do all my firewalling on the IOS firewall?

Reply to
brandon.vogel

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.