Looking for suggestions on QoS

I'm just looking for any suggestions that may improve my config. Any thoughts are much appreciated. If you have any questions that might help you help me, I would be more than happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

I have configured QoS between two Cisco 2610's each running 12.3(15).

They are connected across a Point-to-Point full T1 circuit.

We are using Nortel BCM 50's on each end for interoffice extension calling and I am trying to ensure QoS on the voice calls between sites. We currently only have one IP trunk available, in other words we can only make one call across the PTP at a time. So I think that

256kbit ought to be enough bandwidth because I believe the calls should only require like 120-150kbit.

Here is my config, the other router is basically the same thing:

! version 12.3 service timestamps debug datetime msec service timestamps log datetime msec no service password-encryption ! hostname Router ! boot-start-marker boot-end-marker ! enable secret (### LOGIN INFO REMOVED ###) ! aaa new-model ! ! aaa session-id common ip subnet-zero ! ! ! ip cef ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! username (### LOGIN INFO REMOVED ###) ! ! class-map match-any class-voip match protocol rtp audio ! ! policy-map voip-policy class class-voip priority 256 class class-default fair-queue policy-map shape-policy class class-default shape average 1581056 15810 0 service-policy voip-policy ! ! ! ! interface Ethernet0/0 ip address 192.168.11.221 255.255.255.0 half-duplex ! interface Serial0/0 ip address 10.100.0.1 255.255.255.252 service-module t1 clock source internal service-module t1 timeslots 1-24 service-module t1 remote-alarm-enable service-policy output shape-policy ! no ip http server ip classless ip route 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0 10.100.0.2 ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! line con 0 line aux 0 line vty 0 4 transport input telnet ! ! end

Reply to
doomtop
Loading thread data ...

Configure QoS on your Cisco router with this template:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the suggestion, however that website is pretty much telling me to do exactly what I've done already. The QoS is pretty basic and straightforward, I'm just wondering if there was any modifications that might improve it.

Reply to
doomtop

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.