Difficulty PIX ssh server via Putty.

Difficulty getting onto PIX ssh server via Putty. I get as far as the black login screen in Putty , am asked for my username and then rejected when I enter my password.

I've re-generated the ca keys, and recreated the password. I've used the PIX command to show the SHH processes and I see myself starting to come in.

Any advice gratefully received .

Some questions - which password is it asking for ? same as used in telnet, I assume. Any config changes to Putty settings recommended ?

(it's a brand new, out of the box PIX I took the adice found here and didn't go to EBAY - found a 501 for $360. Many thanks guys; feels good to own new, and great to have my own to play with)

Reply to
barret bonden
Loading thread data ...

unless you changed it to login local or to some type of authentication server the username is pix and the password is your enable password. If you did not set the enable password just use the username of pix and leave the password blank.

Reply to
Brian V

hostname mypix domain-name mydomain.com ca gen rsa key 1024

username password privilege

aaa-server LOCAL protocol local aaa authentication telnet console LOCAL aaa authentication ssh console LOCAL

ssh timeout

ssh inside

Reply to
Merv

You can't have a blank username when using SSH.

Reply to
Rohan

If I was to offer a suggestion, you need not add a username line to the config, just use "PIX" and the same as the telnet password. when you use putty you have to change the default from 3des to des.. I encounter this often..

Reply to
Fred

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.