PIX: can't seem to get secure shell working

can't seem to get secure shell working ; have a PIX and Putty.

ssh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outside ssh timeout 20

I have Putty hit the outside IP of the PIX and I get " Server unexpectedly closed network connection." I generated an RSA key-pair for the Pix ... But I haved no experience with ssh at all , and may be leaving out something obvious

Reply to
Barrett Bonden
Loading thread data ...

In article , Barrett Bonden wrote: :can't seem to get secure shell working ; have a PIX and Putty.

: ssh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outside : ssh timeout 20

:I have Putty hit the outside IP of the PIX and I get " Server unexpectedly :closed network connection." I generated an RSA key-pair for the Pix ... :But I haved no experience with ssh at all , and may be leaving out something :obvious

Did you 'ca save all' after generating the key?

Also, I have found that with -some- ssh versions, you have to explicitly specify the ssh version number or negotiations don't go right. On the other hand, that wasn't for connecting to a PIX, so this point might be irrelevant.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

That's what I had to do for Putty. Set the config for SSH Version 1. That and the username is pix with the telnet password if you don't have AAA set up.

Gordon Montgomery Living Scriptures, Inc snipped-for-privacy@lsi.com (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures) (801) 627-2000

Reply to
Gordon Montgomery

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.