debug command to show adsl traffic

cisco 2561xm router with wic1-adsl card

trying to find the correct debug command that will show ip info for traffic on the adsl line. I want to capture source and destination ip's (much like a wireshark readout). I tried debug atm events and debug atm packet and these created a lot of output in the syslog but it didn't contain the info I was after. I also messed with debug ppp, debug ppatm and debug pppoe but these didn't create any info. What is the command I need?

Reply to
tg
Loading thread data ...

It depends on the actual configuration of your ADSL connection.

Reply to
Rob

ok, does this help?

interface ATM0/0 mtu 1430 no ip address no atm ilmi-keepalive dsl operating-mode auto pvc 0/38 encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer dialer pool-member 1

interface Dialer0 ip address negotiated previous ip access-group 10 in no ip redirects no ip proxy-arp ip nat outside ip virtual-reassembly encapsulation ppp dialer pool 1 dialer idle-timeout 0 dialer persistent dialer-group 1 no cdp enable ppp authentication chap callin ppp chap hostname my-user-name ppp chap password 0 mypassword

Reply to
tg

Ok so you have PPPoA (PPP over ATM) on your ADSL line. You can use debug ppp packet. (or debug ip packet, of course)

Remember that this will usually kill your router when done without an access list.

Reply to
Rob

debug ppp packet produces nothing from my router but debug ip packet seems to hit the nail on the head, thanks for your input Rob.

Reply to
tg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.