Dead Adtran Router?

We have an AdTran Netvanta 3205 router here, that I was messing around with while trying to create a replacement procedure document. In the process, I deleted the startup config file, not realizing quite the impact of this..

I am having some trouble getting this thing back to life..

I am connected to it through the serial port at the moment, and it will boot...

I am using Windows Vista, and seem to be having trouble with the remote tools im using to connect to it. I am using the settings the documentation on this router says to use, but keyboard commands do not seem to be passing through to the router.. I can telnet using those same tools and pass commands successfully..

Because of this, I can not press escape, at either of the points that it gives me the chance to do so.. I have tried every escape sequence that I know, as well as the Esc key..

Pressing return at the end also does nothing for me. After that, the machine just sits quietly, with no lights, except status, which is solid green. (and I am firly positive is just a power indicator.....)

Any ideas??

A log of the boot is pasted below..

Router (1202870L1) Executing bootstrap... ram: 33554432 bytes of RAM detected. Serial Number: LBADTN0542AA880 Bootstrap version: 12.02.00, checksum: B0C3, Fri May 12 15:13:58 2006 vfs: NONVOL: 240 tracks, 64 sectors/track, 1024 bytes/sector. eth0/1: initializing... eth0/1: MAC address is 00:A0:C8:19:68:E0 bootstrap: Checking boot configuration... bootstrap: Primary image is 'NONVOL:/9200860-2A1202.biz'. bootstrap: Backup image is 'NONVOL:/9200860-2A1103.biz'. bootstrap: Booting 'NONVOL:/9200860-2A1202.biz' bootstrap: Reading 4731350 bytes of code, stand by... bootstrap: Inflating, stand by... .................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. bootstrap: Verifying, stand by... bootstrap: Booting, stand by...

ADTRAN, Inc., NetVanta 3205 AC (1202870L1) AOS Version: 12.02.00, Checksum 4FF2213D, Fri May 12 15:06:44 2006 Cause of reset: External Hard Reset vfs: NONVOL: 240 tracks, 64 sectors/track, 1024 bytes/sector. Port manager: Probing slot 1... T1 card found. Port manager: Created port t1 1/1 for DS1 Port manager: Probing 1/2: nothing found. SNMP Agent: Starting: Success! FTP server: Starting service on first mounted drive. cli: starting user interface No startup-config found. Starting Auto-Config, press enter to begin or... You have 14 seconds to press escape to halt Auto-Config.

Persistence viewer: Skipping restore ... no startup-config.

Session now available

Press RETURN to get started.

Reply to
Erimikos
Loading thread data ...

You may wish to investigate the ADTRAN networking solutions Forum:

formatting link
Additionally, ADTRAN has a five-year warranty and FREE post sales support along with FREE firmware updates:

ADTRAN Technical Support Engineers are available Monday through Friday

7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST to assist with your configuration and troubleshooting needs.

Call Toll-free: 888-4ADTRAN Direct: 256-963-8716

Sincerely,

Brad Reese on Cisco Network World Magazine Cisco Subnet

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

I managed to get this one resolved. I send an e-mail to Ad-Tran, and they responded back very quickly.

Apparently, the cable I was using was not a straight-through serial cable.. which is why it was unable to accept commands. Once i got the right cable attached, i was able to restore the backup startup- config and everything came back online perfectly.

THanks

Reply to
Erimikos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.