crypto key generate rsa error

Dear Reader; Cisco 2621 router with IOS (tm) C2600 Software (C2600-I-M), Version 12.2(5)

I want to be able to use SSH from the internet. Looking at Cisco's Secure Shell Commands reference it says to generate an RSA key first using crypto key generate rsa from global config mode. When I do that I receive the following. According to Cisco's reference this feature was added to 11(3). Any suggestions? Thanks. Michael Hubbard

Loud_2620(config)#crypto key generate rsa ^ % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Loud_2620(config)#

Reply to
Michael W. Hubbard
Loading thread data ...

Do you have a K9 image running ? What is the flsh file-name of the running image of IOS ?

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Hi,

Maybe you are using the wrong IOS version as in not the number but the software feature set.

Many thanks

Matt

Reply to
Matty M

-I- = IP only.

I think that you need more than that for ssh. In fact I think you need the full crypto image. $$$

By the way -M = Run from RAM

Z = compressed image file (which you don't have)

Reply to
anybody43

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I didn't realize that I would need the crypto feature set for ssh but since you have to generate an RSA key I guess that makes since.

Sorry for not posting the ver. I knew to do that but just forgot.

Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software IOS (tm) C2600 Software (C2600-I-M), Version 12.2(5), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) Copyright (c) 1986-2001 by cisco Systems, Inc. Compiled Tue 11-Sep-01 22:18 by pwade Image text-base: 0x80008088, data-base: 0x80989210

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 11.3(2)XA4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Loud_2620 uptime is 4 weeks, 4 days, 17 hours, 47 minutes System returned to ROM by power-on System image file is "flash:c2600-i-mz.122-5.bin"

Michael Hubbard

Reply to
Michael W. Hubbard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.