Configuring a console server with a WIC-1AM modem?

I've installed a WIC-1AM module into a 2620XM router and wish to make it available only for dial-in so that I can reverse telnet out through other interfaces (console, etc.) for OOB management of my other Cisco devices. Getting to *this* router OOB is not important, which is why I chose the internal modem instead of hanging one off the AUX port. I don't expect both this router and all of my network to be down at the same time!

What I can't find at CCO is a good config to use which enables me to dial into this router and get a CLI. I see configs for dial-out backup, PPP, etc but not something simple like this. And with all the old examples and different modemcap types, it's hard to discern exactly what I need.

Does anyone have a good config example or can point me in the right direction?

Reply to
Bob
Loading thread data ...

~ I've installed a WIC-1AM module into a 2620XM router and wish to make ~ it available only for dial-in so that I can reverse telnet out through ~ other interfaces (console, etc.) for OOB management of my other Cisco ~ devices. Getting to *this* router OOB is not important, which is why ~ I chose the internal modem instead of hanging one off the AUX port. I ~ don't expect both this router and all of my network to be down at the ~ same time! ~ ~ What I can't find at CCO is a good config to use which enables me to ~ dial into this router and get a CLI. I see configs for dial-out ~ backup, PPP, etc but not something simple like this. And with all the ~ old examples and different modemcap types, it's hard to discern ~ exactly what I need. ~ ~ Does anyone have a good config example or can point me in the right ~ direction?

Not much configuration required ... I would use this on a WIC-1AM line:

line modem inout exec ! the default modem autoconfigure type default

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.