configuring Multilink PPP

Hi,

I need some info on configuring a cisco 2811 with 3 T1 lines bound as one, as far as I have read everywhere it seems like Multilink PPP is the best options.

Can someone give me me some information and sample confg on this topic.

questions:

1) Can Cisco VWIC 2MFT-T1 - will this wic be good for the config.(it has 2 physical ports) as I would need 2 of these for 3 T1's

2) After configuring Multilink PPP on my router do I need to ask the provider to configure their side as well, as my router will only access internet.

3) what exactly is the config I need and what config I need to give the provider.

All responses are really appreciated.

Thanks

RTR

Reply to
RTR
Loading thread data ...

FYI, multilink PPP must be configured on both sides and all 3 T1s must be on the same device (and DS3 for the provider) so make sure you order the T1s as "bonded".

Regards, Steve

formatting link

Reply to
www.networking-forum.com

snip

Hi RTR,

I don't know if this is any help to you but I happened to do something similar a few weeks ago for a UK customer, albeit with 2 x E1's. FYI the Telco provided me with a sample config so I recommend that you speak to yours to clarify the position.

1) I used a 2801 with the VWIC 2MFT-E1 - you shouldn't have a problem with a T1. I used 1 x existing 3640 for my config.

2) The Telco configured their end at the same time I did mine. They stated that the Multilink had to be done this way as you can hit problems if you do them out of sync.

3) My config was as follows:

Note that the Serial interfaces are assigned to a Multilink group. The Serial Interfaces have no ip address. The Multilink interface has 1 x IP address that is for the Multilink group.

! controller E1 3/0 framing NO-CRC4 channel-group 0 timeslots 1-31 ! controller E1 3/1 framing NO-CRC4 channel-group 0 timeslots 1-31 ! interface Multilink1 ip address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX 255.255.255.252 no cdp enable ppp multilink ppp multilink fragment disable ppp multilink group 1 ! interface Serial3/0:0 bandwidth 2048 no ip address encapsulation ppp no cdp enable ppp multilink ppp multilink group 1 ! interface Serial3/1:0 no ip address encapsulation ppp no cdp enable ppp multilink ppp multilink group 1 !

Hope that helps.

Regards

Darren

Reply to
Darren Green

Just for clarification, the statement below doesn't make sense. It should have read - I used a 3640 with the VWIC not a 2801. Apologies for any confusion in my earlier reply.

Regards

Darren

Reply to
Darren Green

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.