Compatibility requirements for PEAP, MS-CHAPv2 and Aironet basic question

Hi friends,

I just wanted to know that in the process of configuring PEAP on Cisco Aironet 1200, when Choosing WEP Mandatory under Encryption Manager in AP, does this ensure dynamic WEP keys?

Also, all the clients are either Windows XP SP1 or SP2. So, there is definitely OS support for 802.1x and PEAP and EAP-MSCHAP v2. But should I be looking for similar support in every wireless client adapter as well?

I am not sure if such features should be checked at the OS level only or also the adapter level also?

Thanks a lot Gautam

Reply to
gautamzone
Loading thread data ...

You probably want to steer away from WEP unless you're using with with TKIP. I prefer to use CCMP as it uses the more robust AES encryption. But the card has to support WPA or WPA2 (preferably) and if you want WPA2, your XP boxes must be running SP2 with the following hotfix:

formatting link
The alternative is to turn off the zero config networking service and use your card vendor's software, e.g. Intel Centrino have their own supplicant that I find superior to Microsoft's.

-Gary

Reply to
Gary

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.