Cisco VPN 3000 Series connecting to a DLINK DI 804HV

Hi

has anyone any experience of setting up a VPN tunnel with between these two? I have managed to get the IKE side of things up but not the IPSEC, I am might confused.

Any help will be greatly appreicated.

Reply to
Ginger
Loading thread data ...

Hi Ginger,

You may wish to investigate D-Link DI-804HV:

VPN Wizard

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese

2007 Cisco Salary Rates
formatting link
Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Hi Brad,

I did just that but it still get the IKE up but not the IPSEC side of things. The only thing I can think of is the mask of the local network on the 3000 is a 19 bit mask.

Reply to
Ginger

Ginger,

Configuring NAT Transparent Mode for IPSec on the VPN 3000 Concentrator:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese Cisco Networking Academy WAN Emulation Lab Kits

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

formatting link

Hi Brad,

thanks for the reply, there is no natting at all, both devices have internet addresses, (Class C), but I see where you are coming from, the only problem is that I cannot change the port on the Dlink.

Reply to
Ginger

formatting link
>

Hi Brad and all,

just a quick note to say thanks for all your help, and the problem was basically down to super subnetting on the DLink, sort that out and every thing is fine. For anyone that is interested the Linksys VPN cable routers work a treat as VPN routers but the DLINK has some nicer features like allowing only certain MAC's to use the tunnel etc which is nice in a home environment.

Thanks again

Reply to
Ginger

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.