PEAP trouble

Hi all,

I've been busy for several days now, trying to make PEAP work. I think I'm almost there, just the last step is not happening. I'm trying to make PEAP verification work with RSA SecureID to secure my wireless lan. According to RSA's manual I should get (and i do get) a pop-up message which appears above the windows system tray : "Click here to select a certificate or other credentials for connection to the network MyWlan". When I click the message I should get a second pop-up saying : "Click here to process your logon information for the network MyWlan" . Instead of that second pop-up, I get nothing. When I debug my aironet 1200 access-point , i see the following happening when I click that first pop-up message:

May 1 12:59:06.839: RADIUS: User-Name [1] 19 "PEAP-000AB7BB4705" May 1 12:59:06.839: RADIUS: Framed-MTU [12] 6 1400 May 1 12:59:06.839: RADIUS: Called-Station-Id [30] 16 "000d.edab.795e" May 1 12:59:06.839: RADIUS: Calling-Station-Id [31] 16 "000a.b7bb.4705" May 1 12:59:06.840: RADIUS: Service-Type [6] 6 Login [1] May 1 12:59:06.840: RADIUS: Message-Authenticato[80] 18 * May 1 12:59:06.840: RADIUS: EAP-Message [79] 24 May 1 12:59:06.840: RADIUS: 02 02 00 16 01 50 45 41 50 2D 30 30 30 41 42

37 [?????PEAP-000AB7] May 1 12:59:06.841: RADIUS: 42 42 34 37 30 35 [BB4705] May 1 12:59:06.841: RADIUS: NAS-Port-Type [61] 6 802.11 wireless [19] May 1 12:59:06.841: RADIUS: NAS-Port [5] 6 3217 May 1 12:59:06.841: RADIUS: NAS-IP-Address [4] 6 10.13.33.6 May 1 12:59:11.888: RADIUS: no sg in radius-timers: ctx 0xC3EFC4 sg 0x0000

As you can see, somehow the system "makes up" my logon-credentials. This by choosing PEAP-+ MAC-Address as a username. I can't seem to find a way to provide logon-credentials by getting that second pop-up.

Has anybody ever experienced this problem or does anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Roel

Reply to
Roel B
Loading thread data ...

Was PEAP authentication working prior to bringing SecurID in to the mix? Also, what Cisco gear are you using for APs, mgmt switch, etc.? I've set up Cisco/Airespace gear with PEAP and Microsoft IAS/RADIUS but my knowledge of other Cisco APs is limited.

-Gary

Reply to
Gary

~ Roel B wrote: ~ ~ > I've been busy for several days now, trying to make PEAP work. I think I'm ~ > almost there, just the last step is not happening. ~ > I'm trying to make PEAP verification work with RSA SecureID to secure my ~ > wireless lan. ~ ~ Was PEAP authentication working prior to bringing SecurID in to the mix? ~ Also, what Cisco gear are you using for APs, mgmt switch, etc.? I've set ~ up Cisco/Airespace gear with PEAP and Microsoft IAS/RADIUS but my ~ knowledge of other Cisco APs is limited. ~ ~ -Gary

Also: which PEAP supplicant are you using, and which PEAP flavor (PEAP-GTC or MS-PEAP?) As far as I know, MS-PEAP doesn't work with tokens.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

There is not much config needed on the AP for PEAP, I would look at logs (or sniff) on your auth server rather then trying to toubleshoot on your AP

-Barry

Reply to
BG

I'm not savvy enough about PEAP to plumb your problem, but -- looking ahead -- you might want to review RSA's PEAP-POTP protocol (Protected OTPs) which has some nice advantages: two-way authentication, key distribution, OTP authentication, and armor against even Active MitM attacks like the "Evil Twin" lure of a masquerading WiFi AP.

I don't recall what the IETF status of this RFC is, but RSA (for which I am a consultant) recently announced that EAP-POTP would be fully supported in its new 6.1 Authentication Manager and the appropriate RSA Authentication Agents.

You can check out EAP-POTP on the RSA Labs website: .

Hope this is helpful.

_Vin

Reply to
vin.mclellan

I'm not savvy enough about PEAP to plumb your problem, but -- looking ahead -- you might want to review RSA's EAP-POTP protocol (Protected OTPs over EAP) which has some nice advantages: two-way authentication, key distribution, OTP authentication, and armor against even Active MitM attacks like the "Evil Twin" lure of a masquerading WiFi AP.

I don't recall what the IETF status of this RFC is, but RSA (for which I am a consultant) recently announced that EAP-POTP would be fully supported in its new 6.1 Authentication Manager and the appropriate RSA Authentication Agents.

You can check out EAP-POTP on the RSA Labs website: .

Hope this is helpful.

_Vin

Reply to
vin.mclellan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.