Combining vty definitions on a switch

Cisco 2924 XL-EN 12.0(5) WC9

I have the following definitions in running-config:

line vty 0 4 password ubdpnpdf login terminal-type VT300 exec-character-bits 8 length 0 international line vty 5 15 password ubdpnpdf login terminal-type VT300 exec-character-bits 8 length 0 international

This is what I want : (and put in my startup-config:

! line vty 0 15 password ubdpnpdf login terminal-type VT300 exec-character-bits 8 length 0 international !

AKA: I want to combine this in a single line vty 0 15 block.

I tried copy startup-config running-config, and it left the vty definitions in 2 blocks.

I tried to "configure" and again, it left it in 2 blocks.

I assume that the existing definitions are not deletable from a running system and so trying to create a "0 15" block results in no action since it would duplicate the existing 2 blocks ?

Is a reboot the only way to get this done ? Or is there some magic command incantation that would solve this ?

(those 2 blocks were probably created when I was toying with the switch during initial "get to know it").

Reply to
JF Mezei
Loading thread data ...

No, these two blocks are normal.

You can I think refer to them for the purpose of config changes with

line vty 0 15

I have never worried about this.

Reply to
Bod43

Many thanks. If those 2 blocks are there by default, then I neededn't worry aout something bad I had done before :-) :-) :-)

I appreciate all the responses you've given me.

Reply to
JF Mezei

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.