clear line vty on Cisco 7200

in the first place, I ask excuses you because my English is not very good. I hope that you understand what I mean to you.

I cannot eliminate the lines vty in my Cisco 7200.

when I write show users, I obtain the following thing:

7200#show users Line User Host(s) Idle Location 2 vty 0 admin idle 42w6d XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I try to erase it of the following way but I cannot:

7200#clear line vty 0 [confirm]y [OK]

the stranger, is that he says to me that has been ok, but when I make "show users" again , it appears again.

7200#show users Line User Host(s) Idle Location 2 vty 0 admin idle 42w6d XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

why I cannot erase the line vty?

the version of my router is the Version 12.2(15)T13.

Reply to
ELR
Loading thread data ...

we have the same problem on a 72xx - seems to be a software bug. Sometimes connections cannot be cleared; need to reload the router to get rid of them. Bad though if you run out of vty's. maybe someone cares to open a case?

Regards Axel

ELR wrote:

Reply to
Axel Gärtner

Checkout this link:

formatting link
It provides a perl script which can detect hung tcp connections and then attempts to clear them.

Reply to
Anthony

Also try adding "service tcp-keepalives-in" and "service-tcp-keepalives-out" to your config, that enables the router to detect dead telnet connetions and close them.

-DW

ELR wrote:

Reply to
David West

Thanks to answer.

It I have tried everything and follows without working. I do not have the possibility of reboot the router.

Regards

Reply to
ELR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.