Distinguish vty sessions on routers.

Hi all,

I would implement authentication for vty session by radius server. The requests for the authentication will travel over an encrypted tunnel. Moreover I would have the possibility to enter the router even if the tunnel will go down. The scenario is the following:

- all authentications will pass through radius server (and the tunnel) but if the tunnel goes down (i.e. the radius server is not reachable)

- authenticate users against local list (i.e. "login local").

Can authentication method order be specified? Hope my question is clear. Thanks

Reply to
AM
Loading thread data ...

~ Hi all, ~ ~ I would implement authentication for vty session by radius server. The requests for the authentication will travel over ~ an encrypted tunnel. Moreover I would have the possibility to enter the router even if the tunnel will go down. ~ The scenario is the following: ~ - all authentications will pass through radius server (and the tunnel) but if the tunnel goes down (i.e. the radius ~ server is not reachable) ~ - authenticate users against local list (i.e. "login local"). ~ ~ Can authentication method order be specified? ~ Hope my question is clear. ~ Thanks

aaa authentication login VTYS group radius local line vty 0 login authentication VTYS

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.