Cisco Wireless-G WAG54G configuration problem

Okay, I'll admit it - I've never configured a gateway in my life. Still, first time for everything.

After much messing about I'm getting nowhere fast, so hope someone can help me please.

I have a Cisco Wireless-G ADSL Gateway (WAG54G) attached to my PC via an RJ45 LAN cable. It talks to my PC, etc and all is well. Please note: The gateway is NOT connected to the internet - I have yet to have Broadband installed at home so it's simply acting as a gateway right now that is connected to my PC.

My wife has a wireless LAN card in her PC and it can 'see' the gateway on the network via the US Robotics config tool that it's provided with. Said config tool 'sees' the wireless LAN card in my PC as an 'adhoc' connection and sees the gateway as an 'infrastructure' connection.

I've configured the profile in her card for the gateway so that they both use WEP encryption and both have the same access key typed in. All is well in that respect.

Now at the moment my wife's PC accesses the internet by connecting to the wireless LAN card in my own PC and gets onto the 'net via the AnalogX Proxy tool that is installed on my PC.

What I'd like to do is configure the gateway so that her wireless LAN card talks instead to it directly but at the moment, even though her PC sees the gateway and can connect to it via the US Robotics software, it's not possible to ping either the gateway or my PC.

Is this a Firewall problem, or am I missing something else?

Oh, the gateway and the wife's LAN card are both using channel 11, but seeing as her PC isn't trying to talk to both at the same time I guess that's not an issue is it?

Thanks

Reply to
max-man
Loading thread data ...

You can Launch Live Chat to get live support assistance from an online Linksys Support agent 24 hours a day:

formatting link
as well as

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Website:
formatting link
Reply to
BradReeseCom

Thanks, I'll try that.

Reply to
max-man

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.