cisco vpn client problem with networking

Hi,

I have a major problem. I tried to install the cisco vpn client version 4.05R on windows xp service pack 2.

The installation failed for some reason. After this happened I cannot get access to the internet or my router. On my cat5 cable I'm getting a weird error with a exclamation warning sign that says "Limited or no connectivity". I try to ping my router and I get "PING: transmit failed, error code 65." I looked this up and it said I might have firewall installed, however all my windows firewalls and any other firewalls are disabled. I have other machines that can hit my router and the router has been rebooted. I know that this is the first time this problem occured after installing this vpn client.

Also when i uninstalled the cisco vpn (from add/remove programs), it still keeps the cisco vpn stuff in the start--> programs menu. I don't believe the software uninstalled properly. I'm not sure how to correct this problem.

This is the first time it has happenend.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks

:D

Reply to
dmalhotr2001
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.