Enabling LFI breaks large packets on 1751 ADSL WIC

Hi Folks,

I have a 1751 with ADSL WIC router running c1700-k9o3sy7-mz.122-4.T7.bin .

Hardware version is:

Processor board ID JAD06390273 (608006408), with hardware revision 0000 M860 processor: part number 5, mask 2

It has been working well for some time, however when I try to add LFI to the QoS configuration, pings over a given size sent to devices on the LAN interface get broken. Interestingly, pings to the LAN interface IP itself still work.

The size at which things break is related to the fragment size specified in the "ppp multilink fragment-delay xx" as follows:

FragmentDelay Max OK ping Size (msec) (bytes)

4 230 5 294 6 358 7 422 8 486 9 550 10 614 15 934 20 1254

The interfaces are configured as follows:

interface ATM0/0 no ip address no ip mroute-cache atm vc-per-vp 256 no atm ilmi-keepalive pvc 8/35 encapsulation aal5snap protocol ip inarp protocol ppp dialer dialer pool-member 1 ! dsl operating-mode auto no fair-queue bridge-group 1 hold-queue 224 in ! interface ATM0/0.1 point-to-point no ip mroute-cache ... interface FastEthernet0/0 ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0 service-policy input DiffServ-Marking-XXX no ip mroute-cache speed auto hold-queue 100 out ... interface Dialer1 bandwidth 512 ip address negotiated service-policy output QoS-XXX encapsulation ppp ip tcp header-compression no ip mroute-cache dialer pool 1 dialer idle-timeout 0 dialer persistent delay initial 30 dialer persistent delay 30 dialer persistent max-attempts 3 dialer-group 1 ppp authentication chap callin ppp chap hostname snipped-for-privacy@xxxxx.xxxxx.xxxxx ppp chap password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ppp multilink ppp multilink fragment-delay 10 ppp multilink interleave

Everything works until I enter the "ppp multilink frahme-delay" line to the Dialer interface, and everything starts working again once I delete that line.

I'm tearing my hair out over this! Any insights very much appreciated.

Cheers, Dieter.

Reply to
Dieter Jansen
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.