Cisco Client causes reboots

I orginally found the following post:

=====// begin //===== Subject: Windows XP Pro machine spontaneously reboots with VPN client 3.5 endgame00 Sep 16 2002, 6:43 am show options

Newsgroups: comp.dcom.sys.cisco From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (endgame00) - Find messages by this author

Date: 16 Sep 2002 06:43:08 -0700 Local: Mon,Sep 16 2002 6:43 am Subject: Windows XP Pro machine spontaneously reboots with VPN client

3.5 Reply to Author | Forward | Print | View Thread | Show original | Report Abuse

This is a weird one... I installed version 3.5 of the Cisco VPN client on my XP Pro machine running service pack 1. Everything seemed to install ok, and I could use the VPN software with no problems. But in the 8 hours after the install, my machine spontaneously rebooted twice. After the reboot, a Windows error message would appear telling me that the crash was due to a device driver misbehaving. The VPN software was the only thing I had added to the system, so it seems to be the most likely culprit. After uninstalling the VPN client, there have been no more reboots.

Has anyone seen anything like this before??

Thanks, gary =====// end //=====

I have had this same experience. Since no one replied back in 2002 with a resolution, I was wondering if anyone had any input now.

I used CVPN client 3.5 on Windows XP SP1 and SP2.

Thanks!

Reply to
Nakeva
Loading thread data ...

Why do you use this old client? It's 2.5 years old, the current release is 4.6

Reply to
Joop van der Velden

Hi, I have a winXP MediaCentre 2005, and VPN Client 4.0.5 (B). I am experiencing these reboots, but at the time I attempt to authenticate. Tried uninstalling a few times and checked my firewall to see if that was a problem. To no avail. I am just not using it with this machine. Under XPHome and 2K I have no problems. Hope there's a helping hand out there.

Reply to
MCUser

I have installed and used the new 4.6 and things are working well. I used that 3.5 client because the site said it was compatible.

Thanks.

Reply to
Nakeva

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.