Cisco VPN Client

Is the Cisco VPN client free software or does one need a legit Cisco login to download it.

Reply to
AC
Loading thread data ...

"AC" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@telcove.net...

You will need a valid CCO login with download rights.

Best regards Martin Kiefer

formatting link

Reply to
Martin Kiefer

Apparently the practice is roughly "If you own a legitimate Cisco security device, then you can use any VPN client version that you manage to get a copy of."

Reply to
Walter Roberson

"Walter Roberson" skrev i en meddelelse news:xQkWf.194585$H%4.115376@pd7tw2no...

But you will still need a CCO login in order to download new versions.

Reply to
Martin Kiefer

The license terms are different for the VPN client than for IOS, PIX OS and other Cisco software. If I recall correctly (and I have -not- checked recently), the general effect is that legitimate owners of Cisco security devices may obtain the VPN client from other legitimate owners of the software -- or at least that Cisco is happy enough with that arrangement.

The difference between this and open download is that you are not supposed to make the software available to owners of grey-market or stolen security devices.... so you wouldn't put it up for anonymous ftp / anonymous www.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.