Cisco VPN client software

Hi,

not sure if this is the right place, but i bought a Cisco pix 501 of ebay a while ago, all works fine.

But I have just noticed there is no VPN client on the CD, just different versions of PDM and PIX firmware.

Cisco say I need to have a subscription to access it.

Anyone know where I could obtain it from?

Regards

Cadam

PS I know I can use the built in windows vpn software

Reply to
BizkitsBoiler
Loading thread data ...

Hi Cadam,

Cisco customers interested in transferring title and ownership of used Cisco equipment that contains embedded software may do so by purchasing a new Cisco embedded software relicense.

All end customers who relicense software from Cisco for their used / grey market units ( i.e. eBay )

formatting link
Will be required to register the serial numbers for those units online.

Customers will not receive Digital License Agreement ( DLA ) numbers from Cisco until they register their units online with a valid serial number.

Cisco is taking an active role in curtailing the unauthorized use of grey market / used equipment without correct relicense agreements in place and rewarding customers for purchasing legitimate software relicenses for their units.

Cisco Relicensing price quotes are available by contacting Reggie Grant Toll Free USA/Canada 877-549-2680 or International 828-277-7272:

formatting link
Cisco Relicense Part Number:

LL-PIX-501-3DES

PIX 501 168-bit 3DES IPSec Software License

LL-PIX-501-SW-10

PIX 501 10 User Software License

LL-PIX-501-SW-50

PIX 501 50 User Software License

Cisco SMARTnet Pricing Calculator:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA/Canada Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

In article , BizkitsBoiler wrote: :not sure if this is the right place, but i bought a Cisco pix 501 of :ebay a while ago, all works fine.

:But I have just noticed there is no VPN client on the CD, just :different versions of PDM and PIX firmware.

:Cisco say I need to have a subscription to access it.

:Anyone know where I could obtain it from?

First you have to re-license your PIX 501. The software license is not transferable -- not unless you are in selected parts of the EU.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.