Cisco Command not recognized

Hi,

i have a cisco router :

Model Cisco 2610XM IOS = c2600-IPBASE-M Version 12.3(6e)

This router use a controller E1 (Channalized E1 Version 1.0).

i need to use this commande on controlleur E1 : clock source line primary

But the router not recognize it !!

When i type : "clock source line" and i press TAB, the possible parameters are printed, so "primary" or "internal". But when i type de full commande, the router not recognize my command !!! can you tell me why please ?

Thank You very much for your help

Best Regards Rahan

Reply to
rahan
Loading thread data ...

something needed after primary aswell??

rahan wrote:

Reply to
die.spam

Reply to
bukkake

Agreed, look on the cisco site for your ios and cross reference it with the command you are trying to use. It probably needs to be a newer ios.

bukkake wrote:

Reply to
william

no.

Thank You Best Regards

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@35g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Rahan

okay. i will upgrade my IOS

ThankYou very much Rahan

"william" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Rahan

This explanation does not ring true with me so I had a brief look.

It certainly could be a bug but such fundamantal bugs are rare.

formatting link
Says:-

"Note: If there are multiple T1s coming into an access server, only one can be the primary source. The other T1s derive the clock from the primary source. If there are multiple T1s, ensure the T1 line designated as the primary clock source is configured correctly. You may also configure a second T1 line to provide clocking in case the primary source goes down. To do this, use the clock source line secondary command from controller configuration mode."

Maybe you already have the "primary" command on another interface?

Maybe if you have only one T1 installed you cannot specify primary? - Less likely.

Maybe it is a bug?

Reply to
anybody43

formatting link
Says:-

"Note: If there are multiple T1s coming into an access server, only one can be the primary source. The other T1s derive the clock from the primary source. If there are multiple T1s, ensure the T1 line designated as the primary clock source is configured correctly. You may also configure a second T1 line to provide clocking in case the primary source goes down. To do this, use the clock source line secondary command from controller configuration mode."

Maybe if you have only one T1 installed you cannot specify primary? - Less likely.

Maybe it is a bug?

Reply to
anybody43

ThankYou very much.

am not in this case. I have only one E1 controller and not clock primary is defined yet.

I will plan to update my ios and i will tell you know.

Thanks again.

Best Regards Rahan

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... Rahan wrote:

formatting link

Maybe it is a bug?

Reply to
Rahan

Hi All,

Juste before to upgrade my IOS, i read command reference for my router and it seem normal !! So, the correct command for my router is : "clock source line" (only). This command, by default mean "clock source line primary". Well.

When i type : "clock source line", i don't have an error but the command is not applyed in running configuration !!! The command seem to be ignored by the router. Why ? because i think, i need to run :

network-clock-participate wic 0

My running and startup configuration are saved with command : no network-clock-participate slot 1 no network-clock-participate wic 0

So, when i try to run : network-clock-participate wic 0

The router tell me : wic slot is empty or does not support clock participate

So, i need to make this command work for use "clock source line".

Any idea ? Thank You very much

Best Regards Rahan

Reply to
rahan

It doesn't show up because it is the default. Not all command show up especially when the are the default ones.

Reply to
Brian V

ok, but how can i remove this two lines : no network-clock-participate slot 1 no network-clock-participate wic 0

i tryed : network-clock-participate slot 1 network-clock-participate wic 0

but i have this message : wic slot is empty or does not support clock participate

Thank You

Best Regards Rahan

Reply to
rahan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.