MICA modems allocation on AS5300

Hello

I have configured AS5300 with 2xE1 (PRI) connected to our PABX. AS5300 is working as dial-in server for POS terminals. Currently AS5300 have

60 MICA modems (line 1 60) and both E1s using these modems. But I want to have different lines configuration for each E1 (PRI).

Can I assign lines 1..30 to E1 0, and lines 31..60 to E1 1 ? (I need to have different modemcaps for 1st E1, and for 2nd E1)

My configuration:

controller E1 0 framing NO-CRC4 clock source line primary pri-group timeslots 1-31 ! controller E1 1 framing NO-CRC4 clock source line secondary 1 pri-group timeslots 1-31 ! .. ! line 1 60 exec-timeout 0 0 absolute-timeout 30 login authentication async modem answer-timeout 0 modem InOut modem autoconfigure type POS-DialIN transport preferred none transport input telnet transport output pad telnet escape-character BREAK dispatch-character 4

Thanks, Robert

Reply to
Robert Hass
Loading thread data ...

You can do this by specifying different 'dialer-group' on respective D-channels (int Serial0:15 and Serial1:15). Then for analogue calls define two group-Asyn interfaces specifying which modems you'd like to allocate for it and which 'dialer-group' the group-Async belongs to. See "Dial Technologies Configuration Guide" in IOS documentation set.

Kind regards, iLya

Reply to
Charlie Root

Robert,

You can't directly map from a physical E1 (PRI) to a set of modem lines. However, you CAN do what you want if the two different PRIs present different DNIS to you. Then you can use either the older modem pooling, or, if you have more recent IOS, the more flexible RPM feature.

Modem pooling is simpler and will suffice for your needs. Here's an example:

formatting link
In re the other followup posting - since these are character mode PoS calls and do not use a framed protocol, configuring dialer (or any) interfaces will be irrelevant to your setup.

Regards,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.