Unattended Cisco VPN client installation

Anyone here done some unattended cisco vpn client installation? The thing is that I have to do some larger scale installation of mentioned client to pc's with windows (2K/XP) and I don't want users to be able (have to) change any parameter.

Any reference of creating such install pack would be great. Also, any feedback from someone who done that would be truly appreciated.

Reply to
Ivan Ostreš
Loading thread data ...

mentioned

Reply to
jjfunaz

My apologies, my message didn't post properly. This simply done by installing the VPN client on your computer and configuring it the way that you want. Open up the vpnclient.ini file located where you installed the client. Put ! infront of any parameters you don't want users changing. Ex: [LOG.CM] !LogLevel=1 [LOG.PPP] !LogLevel=1 [LOG.DIALER] !LogLevel=1 [LOG.CVPND] !LogLevel=1 [LOG.XAUTH] !LogLevel=1 [LOG.CERT] !LogLevel=1 [LOG.IPSEC] !LogLevel=1 [LOG.CLI] !LogLevel=1

Then save a copy of the vpnclient.ini file into the same folder as the client instalation files. Now when a user installs the client it will come preconfigured the way that you want with no interaction on the end user's part. Please feel free to email me if you have any further questions.

Thanks, John

Reply to
jjfunaz

Thanks John, I really appreciate this. I will try it and get back with results. The thing is that there's no actual connection settings in vpnclient.ini. It seems I will need the .pcf files too.

Reply to
Ivan Ostreš

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.