Cisco cbQos Mib Index access

Hello NG,

can anybody tell me a simple way to read information from the CISCO-CLASS-BASED-QOS-MIB?

I.e. i need following counter: - cbQosREDTransmitByte(AF31) - cbQosREDTailDropByte(AF31) - ...

What i have is the information where to find this counter within the mib (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.166.1.20.1.1.1.17 for cbQosREDTransmitByte). This can be found with a MIB browser.

What i am looking for is a simple way to get access to the index needed: cbQosPolicyIndex, cbQosObjectsIndex and cbQosREDValue (which is quite easy).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Peter

Reply to
Peter Schulz
Loading thread data ...

Peter Schulz skrev:

Not entirely sure what you are asking, but maybe this tool could help you either discovering the values to check or to provide you the monitoring solution you require:

formatting link

-SAto

Reply to
SAto

SAto schrieb:

Thanks for your answer. Well - my problem is that if have to report data based on the QOS statistics (packets/octets per dscp). Meanwhile i am sure how the mib is build and how the index values works together.

What i see is, that every router has different qos index values even if the config, the Ios and the router is the same. So i have to look at every router to determine the index values for the different queues. I have about 100 of them ... so this is a time wasting boring work :-(

I am think about to write a little tcl script that can help.

Anybody else with the same problem?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Schulz

Peter Schulz skrev:

That is true, you have to query a few values before you know which ones you really want. I did a perl script for this once, but I cant find it anymore, should be pretty simple to set up though.

-SAto

Reply to
SAto

SAto schrieb:

SAto,

do you know why Cisco has implemented this mib so complex? And do you (or anybody else) know what happens when the router is rebooted?

Thx, Peter

Reply to
Peter Schulz

Peter Schulz skrev:

Unfortunately I do not know why they've done it this way although I've seen similar for other things. (mac addresses assosiated with ports etc.)

Probably it's just to reduce the number of duplicate values in the mib threes. And working with a "reverse" logic from your standpoint. Instead of knowing the class and looking for the drop or queue lenght variables, they know the drop and queue length variables and search for the corresponding class.

I do not know what happens when the router is rebooted. In my setup they have not changed but I use ifindex persist in my configs. Dont know what happens unless you have that but I would think/hope they did not change.

Best way to find out is to test on a lab router. :)

-SAto

Reply to
SAto

I found a link at the CCO:

formatting link
Here you can find additional information based on the snmp-server ifindex persist command.

In an short overview: It is possible to make the cbqos indexes persistant in addition to the ifindex persistant command. The three cbQos Indexes - cbQosConfigIndex - cbQosPolicyIndex - cbQosObjectsIndex

will not change between reboots. This is a good feature as i discussed this with my customer ;-)

Anyway, i will try this out with a lab router ;-)

Peter

SAto schrieb:

Reply to
Peter Schulz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.