2Wire's Web Remote Access for HomePortal 1000HG

Web Remote Access gives you fast, easy access to your HomePortal home network remotely with a standard Web browser. Download files from your home computers securely from anywhere. All you need is an Internet connection and your network password. Create your own unique domain name to easily remember how to access your network. Share the domain name with family and friends so they can access files like photos that you place in special shared folders.

Anybody actually has done this? Within the network, I believe I can set everything up to allow others for remote access. But I do have some questions though.

I believe anybody including me will require the IP address being used to access the DSL. Well without knowing, Nobody can't access anything right? And since it is a dynamic IP, it will always change.

I've heard somewhere that 2Wire will grant you your own domain name for free. Although I don't have any information about this. Does anybody know? And would this work with dynamic IP addresses?

Cheers!

___________________________________________ Bill (using a HP AMD 1.2GHZ & Windows 2000)

-- written and edited within Word 2000

Reply to
BillW50
Loading thread data ...

I finally found this web site that explains how this works under 2Wire.

formatting link
Unfortunately there isn't any Web Remote Access menus when you are a SBC ADSL customer. It seems that SBC has to make a deal with 2Wire, before

2Wire will turn on this feature. Although I still believe that accessing to your computer or others as well if you allow it, should be able to access at least one computer on your network if you or they know the IP address.

Cheers!

___________________________________________ Bill (using a HP AMD 1.2GHZ & Windows 2000)

-- written and edited within Word 2000

Reply to
BillW50

Yes

Yes

the homeportal is an awsome tool, sbc does not allow remote homeportal administration, the company you got your homeportal must purchase a licence to release that software component.. there are many features to the homeportal you will never see except on the 2wire site or by going through a provider who has purchased the licencing for its customers.....

you can set the homeportal to allow many remote access software programs and use noip.com and get the same result as the remote access function... even with dynamic IP

Reply to
ultimatespamtest

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.