Cisco 828 G.SHDSL Router and SDSL

We will be getting SDSL service soon and I was wondering if the Cisco

828 G.SHDSL router will work with SDSL service. I understand both SDSL and G.SHDSL are symetrical DSL technoliges, but I cannot find anywhere in the cisco documentation that the 828 is actually cmpatible with SDSL.

Thanks.

Reply to
njmoroniti
Loading thread data ...

Not that ive tried it but I dont see why it wouldnt work. However one thing to note is that router is end of life/end of sale. It can only support up to

2.3MB down/up so you havent got much flexibility. Cant your ISP let you know if it would work for sure?

Cheers

Matt

Reply to
Matty M

More than likely, they'll have to ask the service provide which ITU standard the SDSL line would come in as.

FWIW: Stock ITU G.SHDSL is only defined up to 2.3Mb up/down anyway, its not a limitation of the hardware, but of the standard. Remember, ADSL gets higher downlink speed because it is sacraficing uplink speed.

This model has been EOL'd most likely because it is 3 gens out. There's the later models 838 and the 878 versions as well.

SDSL is a generic name. Could mean lots of things. More than likely, they are providing ITU G.SHDSL and this router will work fine, but ask them, you have to match them, not guesses the Net community can make for you.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.