cisco 828

hi all, just got a cisco 828 router and a sdsl line.

problem is that the web setup hangs on the 'loading cisco router web setup. please wait...' screen.

i have set the router to use annex b - which has enabled the carrier detect light to green.

i ve manually entered my ip address, but havent a clue how to continue to setup the unit from a terminal.

can someone help me out here as i'm under pressure to go live as soon as possible!!

thanks in advance!

andy shiny pc ltd

Reply to
andy everett
Loading thread data ...

comand line configuration guide can be found on Cisco web site at

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

andy everett schrieb:

Use Netscape Navigator 4.79 or 4.8 without external Java plugin and CRWS will work.

Reply to
Uli Link

im using server 2003 x64 enterprise edition - i cannot get netscape 4.x to install.

is there any other browser out there that will work with th router?

or any other way i can configure it easily, only need to set that atm0 ip address username for logging into the shdsl service provider and password for the same

thanks

Reply to
andy everett

firefox ?

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

i've just tried that too v1.5.01

im getting way further with the setup than before with ie

now (with firefox or netscape 8) i get to the same loading screen, but with a menu tree for the setup below it, and a popup window supposedly checking the settings from ios? but it stays there looping a progress bar indefinately.

Reply to
andy everett

java console info:

Java(TM) Plug-in: Version 1.4.1_02 Using JRE version 1.4.1_02 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM User home directory = C:\\Documents and Settings\\AdministratorProxy Configuration: Browser Proxy Configuration---------------------------------------------------- c: clear console window f: finalize objects on finalization queue g: garbage collect h: display this help message l: dump classloader list m: print memory usage o: trigger logging p: reload proxy configuration q: hide console r: reload policy configuration s: dump system properties t: dump thread list v: dump thread stack x: clear classloader cache

0-5: set trace level to

---------------------------------------------------- java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Unknown character category {XDigit} near index

9\\p{XDigit}{1,4}\\.\\p{XDigit}{1,4}\\.\\p{XDigit}{1,4}\\.\\p{XDigit}{1,4} ^ at java.util.regex.Pattern.error(Unknown Source) at java.util.regex.Pattern.familyError(Unknown Source) at java.util.regex.Pattern.retrieveCategoryNode(Unknown Source) at java.util.regex.Pattern.family(Unknown Source) at java.util.regex.Pattern.sequence(Unknown Source) at java.util.regex.Pattern.expr(Unknown Source) at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Unknown Source) at java.util.regex.Pattern.(Unknown Source) at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Unknown Source) at java.util.regex.Pattern.matches(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin.cache.FileVersion.convertToLong(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin.cache.FileVersion.(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin.cache.JarCache.verifyFile(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin.cache.JarCache.match(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin.cache.JarCache.getMatchingFile(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin.cache.CachedJarLoader$4.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at sun.plugin.cache.Cache.privileged(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin.cache.CachedJarLoader.getCacheFile(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin.cache.CachedJarLoader.(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin.cache.JarCache.get(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin.net.protocol.jar.CachedJarURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin.net.protocol.jar.CachedJarURLConnection.getJarFile(Unknown Source) at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader.getJarFile(Unknown Source) at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader.(Unknown Source) at sun.misc.URLClassPath$3.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at sun.misc.URLClassPath.getLoader(Unknown Source) at sun.misc.URLClassPath.getLoader(Unknown Source) at sun.misc.URLClassPath.getResource(Unknown Source) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin.security.PluginClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source) at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source) at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source) at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source) at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

thats what i get if it helps? "andy everett" wrote in message news:2NVTf.253750$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

Reply to
andy everett

Try downloading Cisco SDM software to you PC and see if it works with the 828.

It is the replacement for CRWS

formatting link
get SDM-V22a.zip

Install to your PC not to the router

Reply to
Merv

do i need to be a registered cco user?

Reply to
andy everett

no

just click on

formatting link
and follow download instructions

you can use anonymous user id

Reply to
Merv

great idea, thing is that it doesnt work on the 828 router.

i installed the latest java pack and the full web setup window appears, but the checking module still sits there looping a progress bar in netscape 8.1

any more ideas really welcome!

Reply to
andy everett

compare this to what you have already

interface ATM0/0 no ip address no atm ilmi-keepalive pvc 0/35 encapsulation aal5snap

pvc 8/35 encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer dialer pool-member 1

dsl equipment-type CPE dsl operating-mode GSHDSL symmetric annex B dsl linerate AUTO

interface Dialer1 ip address negotiated no ip directed-broadcast ip nat outside encapsulation ppp dialer pool 1 ppp chap hostname < >

ppp chap password < >

ppp pap sent-username < > password < >

dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit

interface Ethernet0 no shut ip address 10.10.10.1 255.0.0.0 ip nat inside no ip directed-broadcast

ip nat inside source list 1 interface Dialer1 overload

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 dialer1

access-list 1 permit 10.10.10.1 255.0.0.0

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

828 - G.SHDSL Troubleshooting

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

ok

the settings i was told to put into the router are : PPPoA, with VC as the encapsulation, VPI is 0 and VCI is 38, DNS servers are

195.74.102.146 and 195.74.102.147

btw i've got the web setup running in internet explorer now. still havent got it to work 100%.

my main issue was the fact that the annex setting is set to A when apparently for europe it needs to be on B is that right and if so whats the fastest way of doing that, as the web setup doesnt offer that change?

thanks so much for helping me out !!

formatting link

Reply to
andy everett

fast way is via comand line interface CLI which you can access via console

Cut and paste the follwoing, once you are at the enable prompt on the console

conf t interface ATM0/0 dsl operating-mode GSHDSL symmetric annex B end

wri mem

the

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.