Cisco and Deutsche Telekom.

I'm going to order cisco devices for an office at Hamburg. The guy who is there told me they have T-DSL and T-SDSL and he tells that no Cisco device will handle directly those technologies but we need to use the modem (DCE) given by provider.

Is it true? and in case it is so may you help me to find out which modules are needed for a Cisco 1700 series?

Many thanks

Alex.

Reply to
AM
Loading thread data ...

AM schrieb:

no.

Reply to
Christian Lox

I thank you for your quick response but do you have some references? In particualr for T-SDSL and T-DSL and technical details about them. It seems to me that those are identifiers used only in Germany. Or maybe may you tell me the right NG which to write to? Many thanks again. Alex.

Reply to
AM

AM schrieb:

T-DSL is always ADSL over ISDN (even if there is an analogue telephone) AnnexB/U-R2 is their specification for ADSL CPE.

Soho96/C836/C876 will work. A ADSL over ISDN WIC too.

ADSL over POTS is *very* uncommon in Germany.

Don't know for their SDSL products.

Reply to
Uli Link

For T-SDSL Business you'll get a bridge (called "modem" over here) from T-Com which has Ethernet on the customer side. So any router that has

10BaseT for the outside interface and can do PPPoE will work.
Reply to
Bjoern A. Zeeb

AM schrieb:

For T-(A)DSL we're using the 836 and for T-SDSL the 1700+WIC-1ENET.

--Gerald

Reply to
Gerald Krause

I was looking for this kind of information. Many thanks. ADSL over ISDN is quite common also in Spain because they don't want run more cables if the customer has already the ISDN.

Many many thanks, again. I found out this link

formatting link
where Cisco explicity tells that SOHO 96 meets Deutsch Telekom requirements.

We have one SDSL line but we'll dismiss it preferring ADSL. We don't need symmetric lines.

One more thing to quickly wake up easily our new router 876: do you know common values for VPI/VCI and encapsulation type in Deutsch Telekom? I saw 1/32 and all5mux. Might you confirm?

Alex.

Reply to
AM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.