cisco 828 router

hi

can someone please help me on this as the reseller i bought my router from is useless at support.

my current config is:

router#show configuration Using 1680 out of 131072 bytes ! version 12.3 no parser cache no service pad service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime no service password-encryption ! hostname router ! boot-start-marker boot-end-marker ! enable secret 5 $1$/GYO$St6Bqigg6Wr3cDoNEND/a0 enable password anya1234 ! no aaa new-model ip subnet-zero ! ! ! ! interface Ethernet0 ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0 no ip proxy-arp ip nat inside ip dhcp relay information trusted no cdp enable hold-queue 100 out ! interface ATM0 no ip address no atm ilmi-keepalive dsl equipment-type CPE dsl operating-mode GSHDSL symmetric annex B dsl linerate AUTO pvc 0/38 encapsulation aal5snap ! pvc 8/38 encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer dialer pool-member 1 ! ! interface Dialer0 ip address negotiated ip nat outside encapsulation ppp dialer pool 1 dialer-group 1 ppp authentication chap callin ppp chap hostname ppp chap password 0 ppp pap sent-username password 0 ! router rip redistribute connected network 10.0.0.0 ! ip nat inside source list 1 interface Dialer0 overload ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer0 no ip http server ! access-list 1 permit 10.10.10.0 0.0.0.255 access-list 1 permit 0.10.10.1 255.0.0.0 access-list 23 permit any dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit no cdp run snmp-server community public RO snmp-server enable traps tty ! line con 0 exec-timeout 120 0 transport preferred all transport output all stopbits 1 line vty 0 4 access-class 23 in exec-timeout 120 0 password anya1234 login local transport preferred all transport input all transport output all ! scheduler max-task-time 5000 ! end

the settings I need are PPPoA, with VC as the encapsulation, VPI is 0 and VCI is 38, DNS servers are 195.74.102.146 and 195.74.102.147

Andy

Reply to
andy everett
Loading thread data ...

is there a way of resetting the router to its factor default setting so i can restart the configuration?

thanks

andy

Reply to
andy everett

restart the configuration?

erase nvram: reload

But before you do that try configuring and capture the output for

interface ATM0 pvc 0/38 encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer dialer pool-member 1 exit no pvc 8/38 exit

sh int atm show atm pvc

debug ppp negotiation

debug ppp authentication

Reply to
Merv

hi merv, thanks again for your help before and now.

whats the safest way - now i have it functioning again - to make sure the settings are stored? i did a copy running-config startup-config and also backed up the settings to a working-config file in flash: to save it should it need reloading :)

andy

Reply to
andy everett

what you done is very good.

I would also backup the config to your PC by capturing the ouput of show run . turn on logging for your terminal session.

term len 0 sh run

Check that the capture file has all of your config commands by comparing it to the output of sh run

If you want to use copy to tftp: then load a tftp server onto your PC (

formatting link
)

copy running-config tftp:///

It is good to have a tftp server set up on your PC in order to load new IOS images

Cheers

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.