cisco 3600 fastethernet

Hellos, I have a cisco 3640 router am trying to add a fastethernet card but the IOS is not detecting it.The card has been tested and working on other routers. I upgraded from IOS c3640-d-mz.112-7a.P to c3640-js-mz.

122-40 but still is unable to detect it. The port has a serial interface that is ok please help.

Squid

Reply to
squid
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
Check whether you can find your module in these list. If so click on the module's name and check needs to run the module.

For NM-1GE for example you can find this:

Product Number Minimum Cisco IOS Software Version NM-1GE 12.2(11)YT

Supported Platforms Maximum Number of Modules Supported Cisco 2691 1 Cisco 3660 2 Cisco 3725 1 Cisco 3745 2 Cisco 3825 1 Cisco 3845 2

As you can see this one isn't supported on C3640. Maybe that's the case for your module. Can't tell you exactly, you didn't give us the exact module's name.

I know this one isn't your module :)

Reply to
Andre Wisniewski

Which FastEthernet card are you trying to add?

NM-1FE2W are used all the time the 3640's. NM-1FE-TXs should work just peachy too with just about any rev software.

If its one of these, what does a 'show diag' have?

Most likely its a supported one and not showing up.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

WIC 1ENET is the module am using

Thanks squid

Reply to
squid

Hello Doug, WIC 1ENET is the module am using Thanks squid

Reply to
squid

Reply to
Thrill5

Well, first off, WIC-1ENET isn't a FastEthernet card, but just Ethernet (ie. 10-base-T), so that would have thrown off my guess.. And its only supported in a 1700 series router. Thats the only platform it can run on.

You'll want to get the NM-1FE-TX instead.. Looks like its sub $100 on eBay.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Thanks guys solved my doubts.

Squid

Reply to
squid

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.